Lead Service Line Replacement (LSLR)
FUNDING STILL AVAILABLE
Significant News for All Municipalities
Regarding Lead Service Line Replacement (LSLR)
The state of Illinois recently enacted a law that requires all municipalities to replace their lead service lines. Also this year, the proposed Federal infrastructure bill has allocated billions of dollars for Lead Service Line Replacement. Details are still forthcoming, but now is the time to get your funding application completed. Add these changes to the Lead and Copper Rule being revised, and it’s time to talk to your Engineer.
The risks and health effects of lead exposure are well documented, particularly to infants, young children, and pregnant women. Studies have shown that since treated source water is usually lead free, it is often the existing LSLs that are the foremost causes of lead in drinking water delivered to customers.
Without any funding assistance, the full replacement of LSLs can be an impossible task for many utilities. In the past 24 months, we have helped local municipalities get approved for over $23 million (43% of all the 2022 IEPA Intended Funding list) in 100%
forgivable IEPA loans for lead service line replacements.
The Illinois Environmental Protection Agency has a limited amount of money set aside for lead service line replacements.
We can help you secure your funding!
IEPA Public Water Supply Loan Program
IEPA’s FY 2022 Intended Use Plan is offering a base interest rate of 1.1% for 20 years
• Lower interest rates (1.0%) for Small Communities, Hardship Communities,
and an Environmental Discount rate for Green Projects
Principal Forgiveness Opportunities for Lead Service Line Replacement (LSLR)
• Communities can receive up to $4,000,000 for project costs regardless of Median Household Income (MHI) to qualify
• Project costs include: planning, engineering, administrative, legal, and construction
Robinson Engineering Qualifications & Experience
• Water supply system experts in project planning and IEPA Low Interest Loan documentation
• Over $123 million in IEPA State Revolving Fund low interest loan funded projects since 2009
• Acquired $23 million in total IEPA low interest funding for LSLR over the past 24 months, with 100% forgiven
• Creative ideas on how to best approach your lead service line replacement projects and other water system improvement projects